When we talk about emotional disorders, whatever they may be, we like to insist that we must put ourselves in the hands of medical professionals to receive the most appropriate treatment. But what is clear is that overcoming anxiety, depression or any other disorder will depend, fundamentally, on us.
That is why we have searched for natural therapies, home remedies, tricks to relieve anxiety symptoms, simple relaxation techniques and whatever helps is in our hands. On this occasion, we have made a list of some of the activities that help calm anxiety. All very simple, all within everyone’s reach, all very appropriate to reduce nervousness and, above all, all of them to make you feel good.
Activities that relieve anxiety
– Listen to music. If they say that music tames beasts, it’s for a reason. Listening to music makes you feel better, calmer and more relaxed.
–Read. it is one of the favorite activities because you can escape from those worries that magnify anxiety. The hours you spend reading a good book will be the quietest and most pleasant hours of the day.
–Walk. Take a walk, if it’s not too cold, on the beach, in the countryside or in the park. And, if there is no other choice, walk through the streets of shops in your city. But, in any case, take a walk to clear your head and reduce the mental block of anxiety.
– Play a musical instrument. They say that learning to interpret all those songs that you like the most is one of the most relaxing activities because your mind is completely involved in the music and you forget about everything else.
-Play sports. You don’t have to join a gym, much less if your anxiety problem is social phobia. But you can go out and practice the fashionable sport, running, which is like going out for a run as always but more in. Because the benefits of physical exercise to combat anxiety are well known.
– Paint. If you like to paint, focus on your works to release emotional tension. Surely it will be difficult for you to find concentration at first, but if you try, surely in a few minutes you will find yourself totally absorbed in your paintings.
– Knit. Knit, crochet, cross stitch or knit. All those tasks that we consider as grandmothers stand out as the most effective in this current world of haste, nerves and anxiety. In addition to relaxing, knitting or other types of work, it can save you a lot of money in a matter of gifts.
– Cook. If you are a lover of good food or would love to make that spectacular pastry you see on TV, you can sign up for a cooking course or even try it yourself. Unless your anxiety problem is related to food, spending a few hours between the stoves makes your problems stay hidden in a drawer.
– Dream. When anxiety doesn’t even let you breathe, when you think everything is wrong, when you think there’s no way out, you always have an option: dream. You are free to lie on the sofa, close your eyes and dream of another life, a calmer life in which you are undoubtedly happy. Dream all you want because sometimes dreams do come true.